23 aug. 2017

shitty poem i found that i had forgotten about, spring 2017

SQUIRCLE

my dreams, fantasies
  are convex against the world
  as they breathe and pulsate
  in accordance with no treaty of peace;
my abilities and the love for life
  are concave against the world
  as they bulge and strain
  under the sheer weight of it all ---
 
my life is a fucking squircle, maaaan,
   not round enough to satisfy smoothly
   the mellower preferences of my aesthetic;
   not square enough to satisfy bluntly
   the harsher of my existential and spiritual aspects;
just like the 'squircle' is the portmanteau
   of circle and square
   my 'life' is likewise a portmanteau
   but of lie, and of rife;
   fitting as it is, given the plenitude of deception in my life,
   i wade on alongside the equator of doubts
   that runs around this superellipse, existence, curse of life...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar