9 apr. 2017

hand in hand I have leapt over small rivers and climbed hillocks with the beautiful woman, the woman inside me, anima --- I have called her Vasilisa, or Lalleshwari, or Enheduanna, Mirabai, or maybe Edith or Rani of Jhansi... they have all gazed with me from the crenelated terrace of love out over the steppes out there, down there, unexplored, dangerous... Did not Lalleshwari, ferocious Lal Ded, the wolfess in the shroud of a woman, tear the modest rags off her body and give her away thoughtlessly to the burning woodlands, the nigrescent horizon, the terror of the unknown, having renounced the fixed marriage of her honor-obsessed family, having suffered under patriarchal suppression like a fucking hound, having warded off rape and desecration since childhood... Did not Enheduanna, the high priestess, cry and wail at the thought and sight of Lugalbanda destroying her temple in Ur? Or Edith, as she fought off the imps of tubercolosis with rusty scimitars, stubbornly, passionately... As did Rani with her British invaders... And I have fallen handlessly into the web of love for these wolverines, I have enucleated the gods and goddesses of causality... they have not been able to see me in my arrogant tamperings with space and time, the continuum is no longer continuous... for I have loved all the way through it... Such was the power of my passionate love!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar