21 nov. 2018

a very very very very angry observation

The modern man is driven to the cliff's edge; no longer is he content with life in spirit for he is an adventurer by heart: when people are shot and killed on the street, he watches in confused content from his window, and when natural disasters hit, he laughs in pace with the whipping of flood-water; when wars break out across the globe, however far off or close, just he gets the whiff of them, there is a silly side to him, a silly person within him who could not be happier; the modern man is so bored by the current world that anything which might potentially throw it out of balance, will be rejoiced and welcomed by principal. But maybe I should stop painting with big brushes, and maybe I should stop referring to myself as the "modern man", because I am not at all typical of him; I speak about myself and I make no crude generalizations, for it is I who want to revel in the bloodied excesses of terrorism and barrel-bombing, not my neighbor nor my colleague at work; for them, everything is good and nice as it is. Always as it is. As long as it is comfortable for them. Swine, I say.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar