11 juli 2017

at least i can still write

Above an olden woodpath, the abandoned trail of ancestral foresters, oaken twigs have arrenged themselves into something beautiful, and it is beneath this sinuous beauty I awake. The night has been rough on me, I can feel it with every move my limbs make and with every twist and turn in the ligaments of my flesh; I have rested awkwardly in the position of a beggar or a leper outcast; rough stones have been my pillow and the whorled branches of the mighty spruce have been the canopy; as the lids separate painfully from the dryness of my swollen eye-balls, I hear muffled sounds of my cohorts awakening into the sun-bright dawning; I can hear their arms stretch awide, upward, with the cracking sound of loins and tendons; I hear cute grunts echoing the deepest offing of sleep and the long, wide-mouthed yawns drag out slowly like the fishers' net; soon it will catch words in its meshes, but until then, I will leave her to the inconveniences, privacies and intimacies of the morning ritual... I would not want to disturb, nor can I impose without a mortal transgression of dignity; the girls may talk when words flow from the source unhinged, and meanwhile, I shall not like the mosquito of the  summer night attack retardedly; I wait until my suckage can commence with consent --- but let us not fool ourselves; I need the answers like mosquitoes need their blood... Meanwhile, I can anchor safely my questions at the docks; there they can boil and bask in the sun for a while. We have the Sisyphean eternities to ponder afore us, for we shall never die; time is of no importance. It is alright, I shall ask my questions, a moment shall present itself, but until then, I shall grant them space. I hate the feeling of becoming the subject of annoyance... It diminshes my courage and crooks my posture vehemently; No, I begin to gather the faculties: I look to the woman sleeping to my left; I look to the woman sleeping to my right: still, I feel at home --- they will answer, but I should not be so eager and restless ...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar